Mommy Makeover in Noblesville, IN
Proudly Serving Fishers, Indianapolis, & Westfield, IN
After a pregnancy, even when following a healthy diet and exercise plan, you may find it difficult or nearly impossible to get your pre-baby body back. When loose skin and muscle, sagging breasts or localized areas of exercise-resistant fat become a concern, mommy makeover surgery can help restore your figure after having children.
Contact us online or call our office in Noblesville, Indiana to learn more about your options for mommy makeover surgery. Our team of surgeons has helped thousands of women throughout the state of Indiana feel confident in their appearance with a mommy makeover.
About Mommy Makeover Surgery
Because mommy makeover surgery is made up of multiple procedures combined into one, it is highly customizable based on your individual needs and goals. The most common areas treated in a mommy makeover include the stomach, hips and breasts, as these areas of the body are typically the most affected by pregnancy.
Keep in mind that although a mommy makeover can provide excellent results, it’s best if you are already at or close to your target weight before opting for surgery. It’s also important that you consider completing your family before getting a mommy makeover to ensure that your results will last for years to come.
For a better idea of what kinds of results you can expect from your procedure, review mommy makeover before and after photos from our practice.
Your Mommy Makeover Procedure
Depending on which areas you’d like to address, your mommy makeover can include a variety of different procedures. There are three common cosmetic surgeries that women often include in their mommy makeover:
Through a tummy tuck, our cosmetic surgeons can remove and tighten stretched or loose abdominal skin and repair abdominal muscles that may have been impacted by a pregnancy. After your abdominoplasty, you can expect to enjoy a slimmer, more toned-looking midsection, and these results can be very long-lasting as long as you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Many women choose to add liposuction to their mommy makeover. Liposuction can remove small areas of excess fat that don’t respond to diet and exercise. The most common regions addressed by liposuction are the thighs, belly, hips and waist, although this body contouring procedure can effectively target stubborn pockets of fat almost anywhere on the body.
Breast enhancement is a cornerstone of many mommy makeover procedures. The size and shape of your breasts may change as a result of pregnancy or breastfeeding, and a breast augmentation or breast lift can help to restore breasts to a fuller, perkier appearance. For women whose breast size increased after pregnancy more than they may have preferred, breast reduction is another option to help bring out the best in your body.
5 Ways To Help You Get Beautiful Mommy Makeover Results
- Choose a Board-Certified Cosmetic Surgeon
- For an optimal outcome from your mommy makeover, work with an experienced board-certified cosmetic surgeon.
- Be at a Stable, Healthy Weight
- Being close to or at your ideal weight can help ensure you get the most out of your mommy makeover. You should be done with dieting before you book your appointment.
- Consider Your Final Proportions
- If your mommy makeover includes breast augmentation, make sure to pick breast implants that are proportionate. Choose implants that will complement your figure.
- Getting the Right Size and Shape Breast Implants
- For a natural look and feel, tear-drop shaped silicone implants may be your best option. If your breasts are asymmetrical, your cosmetic surgeon may suggest implants of differing sizes.
- Follow Your Cosmetic Surgeon's Instructions
- Your recovery is just as important as the mommy makeover procedure. Focus on resting and healing, wear your compression garment and do what your cosmetic surgeon tells you to.
Your Recovery & Results
One of the most appealing benefits of getting a mommy makeover is that it requires only one recovery period, rather than recovering individually from each single procedure. After your mommy makeover, some swelling and bruising is to be expected in your treatment areas. Your cosmetic surgeon may prescribe pain medication to help alleviate any initial discomfort. While everyone will heal at a different pace, most women can return to work within 2 to 3 weeks after mommy makeover surgery. You should avoid heavy lifting, including your children, for 4 to 6 weeks following your mommy makeover.
Remember that your specific recovery instructions can vary depending on what is included in your mommy makeover, and it’s important to listen to your body when gradually reintroducing more demanding physical activities into your routine.
Over the following weeks and months, you should begin to notice your final mommy makeover results taking shape, revealing a shapelier, more contoured silhouette.