You have worked hard to lose your excess weight, but you still have some areas where stubborn fat won’t budge. Maybe your breasts are a little less perky than they used to be, and you would love to get that youthful appearance back.
While pregnancy can take its toll on a woman’s body, the good news is a mommy makeover can combine surgical procedures to address multiple different body contouring and facial concerns, giving you back your youthful appearance.
If you weren’t able to have a mommy makeover right after having kids, are you out of luck now? Are you too old for a mommy makeover? What is the best age for a mommy makeover?
Age is Merely a Number and Not Really a Factor
Whether you are in your 30s or your 50s or older, a mommy makeover can help give you back the curves and youthful appearance you desire.
The good news is, there is no ideal age for a mommy makeover and, to be honest, you don’t even have to be a mommy. A mommy makeover combines different surgical procedures, such as breast augmentation to add volume and shape to the breasts, a tummy tuck to tone and tighten the abdominal area and even a facelift to turn back the clock and give you a more youthful appearance. Because a mommy makeover combines these procedures, you only need to undergo anesthesia once and have a combined recovery, making it much easier for many women to work into their schedule.
Are You a Good Candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
While age doesn’t really make a difference when it comes to having a mommy makeover, there are some factors that make you an ideal candidate. These factors include:
- At or Near Ideal Body Weight – For most cosmetic surgical procedures, you need to have a BMI lower than 30 and be near your ideal body weight.
- In Good General Health – A mommy makeover is a major surgical procedure and requires you to be in good health. If you have underlying medical conditions, talk with your surgeon during your consultation.
- Be a Non-Smoker – Smoking can interfere with healing, so if you are still smoking, you need to consider quitting months before your procedure.
- Have Your Family Complete – While you can have a mommy makeover and still decide to have a baby, pregnancy can undo the work done, requiring you to need more procedures. Plan your mommy makeover once your family is complete.
For more information about a mommy makeover at any age, contact Hamilton Surgical Arts today at (317) 773-6677 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.
- Finding the Right Time for Your Mommy Makeover
- How Long Should You Wait to Have a Mommy Makeover?
- Why Cooler Months Can Be the Ideal Time for a Mommy Makeover